The Senior IT Auditor is responsible for leading the organization’s audit activity related to IT systems and infrastructure. The work includes risk assessment, audit planning, audit program and procedure development, general and application control review, communicating audit result and following up on corrective measures. The Senior IT Auditor does not just point out system flaws, but also promotes efficient practices by recommending improvements in processing capability, user interface, and security designs.
- Location: United States; Kigali, Rwanda; Nairobi, Kenya; or remote considered,
- Level: Senior Professional
- Type: Full-time
- Department: Internal Audit
- Reports to: Senior Director of Internal Audit
- Promote and contribute to the fulfillment of HOPE International’s mission and vision.
- Oversee audit activities of information systems, IT infrastructure, platforms, and applications in accordance with established internal standards and external regulations for efficiency, accuracy, and security.
- Develop and maintain information system audit programs and procedures that include IT governance, system development, operating procedures, cyber security, backup, and disaster recovery, change management, and identify and access management.
- Evaluate risks associated with IT systems, processes, and infrastructure.
- Develop IT audit plan and identify necessary audit plan changes.
- Perform general and application control reviews from simple to complex information systems.
- Acquire, develop and maintain IT audit tools and software.
- Communicate audit findings and conclusions with management.
- Follow up on audit findings to ensure that management has taken corrective actions.
- Assist and train other audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of information systems and applications.
- Maintain an industry and network knowledge base to keep current on existing and emerging issues; apply and integrate this knowledge for the benefit of IT audit programs.
- Work with IT security, IT operations and application developers as well as finance and operations to enhance IT controls and manage IT risks.
- Personal commitment to the mission and vision of HOPE International.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology, business, finance, or accounting related field.
- Three years of work experience in IT Audit or IT.
- Understanding of IT Governance and IT Risk Management.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Professional certification including Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage.