Fair Trade USA
Fair Trade USA is seeking an experienced Technical Lead to be a key member of our Digital Tech Team, helping to develop best-in-class technical solutions and integrations in support of our business. The Technical Lead is responsible for providing a strong technical direction, establishing a technical vision, resolving technical disagreements, and overseeing the quality of the engineering team’s deliverables. The Technical Lead ensures that the engineering team understands the work to be done, uses appropriate practices, invests in continual improvements to tooling, eliminates tech debt, and that Fair Trade USA systems evolve to meet changing needs of internal and external customers.
- Lead engineering efforts to deliver best-in-class code across a broad array of interactive web, Salesforce, and mobile projects
- Use a combination of platforms and languages
- Understand a variety of technical tools and their capabilities and select the right technology for the job
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices
- Demonstrate an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI
- Work with Product Managers to understand requirements and priorities and create technical designs for solutions
- Work with cross functional teams as an agile coach, supporting them in understanding the work they are committing to and removing barriers to completion
- Identify cross-team dependencies and resolve conflicts
- Share learnings and best practices in technology and process
- Design, implement and support processes to build, test and deliver code to various production and non-production environments
- Develop functional and engaging web applications based on usability
- Work with Product Design and Product Management to implement interfaces that efficiently help our variety of stakeholders achieve their goals
- Collaborate on the creation of quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Embrace agile methodology and manage multiple projects while meeting agreed-upon deadlines
- Assist other developers with coding, troubleshooting, and testing
- Actively stay up to date on emerging technologies and proactively update platforms and languages
Skills, Experience, & Knowledge
- 5+ years of work experience designing and building solutions and leading other engineers
- High level technical solution design and low-level specification
- Responsive full stack development
- Database design and optimization
- API design and implementation
- Ability to design, build and monitor continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Managing cloud-based test, development, and production environments
- Nice to have:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data Integration
Education & Training
- Degree in computer science, software engineering or equivalent experience
This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.
At Fair Trade USA, we are a values-based and performance-driven organization, in service of our core mission. We are deeply committed to fostering an environment that is built on the principles of JEDI; a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive community for all. We are committed to upholding an inclusive workplace where all people feel equally respected and valued, and where we can all thrive. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from every educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, race, ethnicity, national origin and ancestry, veteran status, marital or family status and disability.
We believe in empowering our teams to do their best work and thrive at Fair Trade USA. We offer a comprehensive compensation approach including salary, performance-based bonus and employee recognition awards, and a generous and thoughtful approach to employee benefits, including health, vision and dental insurance, comprehensive PTO, flexible and remote work opportunities, professional development, wellbeing programs and a paid sabbatical program.
Additionally, as a mission-based organization, we recognize the deep impact that can occur for our employees to travel and witness first-hand the work of our teams and producer, fisher and farming communities globally. We offer travel awards and paid global travel experiences for employees. Additionally, we demonstrate our commitment to employees’ growth and impact by offering a fully-paid sabbatical opportunity for employees.
How to Apply