Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 133 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance.
Basic Function: The Project Manager leads the successful planning, management, and delivery of multiple information technology projects. The Project Manager ensures the projects are completed within scope, quality, time, and cost requirements and deliver business value. The position reports to the Chief Information Officer (CIO). This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Analyzes project proposals to determine the time frame, funding limitations, and appropriate methodology for accomplishing projects.
2. Utilizes sound change management practices and procedures to develop and deliver project materials to facilitate understanding, adoption, and use.
3. Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
4. Makes project assignments to project personnel and provides guidance and targeted direction to throughout the project life cycles.
5. With input from project staff and the CIO, establishes work plans for project activities, iterations, or phases, and arranges for assignment of project personnel.
6. Develops and implements project communication plans to keep affected parties apprised of process, actions, and timelines.
7. Performs project risk assessments and develops and implements mitigation plans.
8. Monitors project activities, ensuring the timeliness, quality, and integrity of the information, while providing consistency in content and “look and feel” across the enterprise.
9. Ensures that project goals are in line with business objectives and are accomplished.
10. Coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure projects progress on schedule and within scope and budget.
11. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules and plans as necessary.
12. Keeps management and staff apprised of project progress.
13. Measures project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and metrics.
14. Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to produce professional, well-written work product; excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively build strong working relationships with different audiences; strong leadership and management skills; solid critical thinker and effective problem solver; demonstrates strong initiative; able to effectively set and manage customer expectations; high degree of flexibility, capacity for self-management, and attention to detail; strong organizational and time management skills; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; adaptable and able to plan and execute multiple and shifting priorities against tight deadlines; ability to influence, motivate, challenge, and inspire confidence among others; ability to foster effective teamwork and resolve conflicts; excellent customer service; understanding of and commitment to organizational mission and goals.
A bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of three years’ relevant IT experience. Demonstrated competency in project management requiring execution of multiple projects; familiarity with project management methodologies (for example, PMI, PRINCE2, and Agile); project management training and certification desirable, but not required. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right team is in place executing against the right plan; facility with implementing change management practices and principles; budgeting skills; good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how to use them to drive digital business.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $94,203-$105,739
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. A new employee will be hired at Step 1 and must wait two years to advance to each of the next three steps (Steps 2 through 4), and one year to advance to each of the next four steps (Steps 5 through 8).
Excellent benefits package.
Submit a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Please apply directly on our website at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Electronic applications are preferred. If applying by email, please include the job title in the subject line. If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1571.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.