Working from our homes across the U.S., we understand firsthand the challenges of navigating work and personal lives during the pandemic. This has reinforced our commitment to emphasizing lived experience over tech expertise in our hiring.
Having personal experience with our mission from many different perspectives makes the work of our board better and our meetings lots more fun. Board members serve three-year terms with a limit of two terms. They’re interesting people with a lot to say, so follow them on Twitter.
Working at NTEN
While technology is central to our lives and our work, NTEN is not a technology company. When identifying potential hires, we prioritize robust experience in the nonprofit sector over tech expertise.
We are not currently hiring. Please sign up for our newsletter, where we’ll announce open positions.
- Are an equal opportunity employer.
- Cover the cost of health, dental, and vision benefits at 100% for an eligible employee and 60% for a spouse, child, or registered domestic partner.
- Match 3% to a Simple IRA plan.
- Provide access to an optional flexible spending account for pre-tax funds for medical and dependent care costs.
- Provide a $50k life insurance policy for the duration of employment.
- Provide a monthly stipend for internet and mobile access.
Work/life integration support
- Flexible work schedules.
- 160 hours (20 days) of paid time off during the first year of employment and 200 hours (25 days) each year after and 10 paid flexible holidays.
- Short-term disability service covering 60% of salary.
- Parental leave for parents of any gender who have newly become parents, including holding the job for at least 12 weeks with six weeks paid. The other six weeks unpaid can be covered through paid time off or covered with short-term disability.
- Bereavement leave for immediate and extended family, as well as for loss of a pregnancy.
- Paid time off to vote.
- Payroll advances as needed.
- Performance evaluations, including after the first 90 days and then every six months.
- Training to complete the tasks and goals specific to the job.
- Training to advance relevant professional skills.
- Budget to cover costs associated with attending conferences, accessing online courses, and purchasing books or other materials.
- Support, training, and budget to cover the costs of applying to and presenting at conferences and events.