Data management is a daunting task for many nonprofits. With data existing in multiple systems being updated by multiple staff members and volunteers, it's easy for things to get out of control and trust to fly out the window. The good news is that it's completely possible to get things back on track and find peace and serenity when dealing with data.
This course will help you face data anxiety head-on with practical approaches that can be used by anyone with access to a spreadsheet. You will learn and practice how to:
- Lead conversations about data management with your teams and your organization.
- Create and maintain a visual aid for your data, systems, and processes.
- Identify and address common data issues.
- Clean your data using spreadsheets, with both manual and automated techniques.
- Choose data quality metrics and display them in dashboard views.
- Analyze data without statistical methods.
People of all skill levels with data and spreadsheets are welcome. You'll work with real-life examples of nonprofit data in Google Sheets. That means you'll learn and apply lots of spreadsheet skills for managing and working with the data. You'll practice many data management functionalities, though the course will not dive too deep into any single spreadsheet function or formula.