Job Type: Full-time (35 Hours per week)
Location: Flexible, hybrid work arrangement, preferably 1-3 days in Sacramento, CA, office per week
Are you passionate about helping animals as well as people? RedRover is a national nonprofit organization, seeking an exceptional Director of Systems, Operations and IT to join our team in Sacramento, CA!
Full-Time Benefits: We offer a robust benefits package. You’ll enjoy:
● Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance for employees on the first day of the month following 60 days of full-time employment
● Vacation, Holiday, and Sick time accrual beginning the first day of employment
● 7% employer-paid Simplified Employee Pension (SEP) with immediate vesting, effective after one year of active employment
● Annual Companion Animal Allowance to help pay for family veterinary emergencies and work-related pet sitting (if you have a pet), effective after 60 days active employment
Our staff members enjoy balanced lives and flexibility. RedRover is a strengths-based organization committed to staff career development. We are looking for equity-minded applicants who will work with us to establish a supportive work community with a strong sense of belonging to further our mission.
The mission of RedRover is to bring animals out of crisis and strengthen the bond between people and animals through emergency sheltering, disaster relief services, financial assistance, and education.
Based in Sacramento, California, RedRover operates national programs that help animals and people in crisis and is well-known for its three main programs:
● RedRover Responders provides temporary shelter and care for animals displaced by crises such as natural disasters and cruelty in the United States and Canada, supports pets of domestic violence survivors by building pet housing spaces at domestic violence and animal shelters, and provides hands-on training and support to communities in need;
● RedRover Relief provides financial and emotional support to Good Samaritans, animal rescuers, and pet parents to help them care for animals in life-threatening situations, and resources to help domestic violence survivors and their pets escape abuse;
● RedRover Readers helps children explore the bond between people and animals through stories and discussion in a unique community-based literacy program
Position Summary: RedRover seeks a Director of Systems, Operations and IT to play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission, vision, and values. This individual will report to the Vice President of Operations and Education and will be a key player in the organization's overall infrastructure and technology systems supporting our people and programs.
The Director of Systems, Operations and IT will be responsible for maintaining and integrating all of the organization’s information technology systems and digital operations, developing strategies and processes to ensure the organization is following best practices and maximizing efficiency. The ideal candidate will help guide database, marketing, and development needs. The Director of Systems, Operations and IT will have excellent problem-solving and communications skills and be able to troubleshoot issues independently as well as collaboratively in a thoughtful way with the user and excellent employee and customer service experience in mind. The Director of Systems, Operations and IT will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team. A suitable candidate will have demonstrated success in developing creative and practical, process-oriented solutions to increase employee productivity and experience. The successful candidate must have demonstrated success in making data-driven decisions and be able to communicate effectively with staff through a variety of channels (e.g. Slack/email/Zoom), as well as with a diverse range of stakeholders.
● Work with the Program and Facilities Manager to manage all cloud and physical technology systems (G-Suite, Windows and Apple products, printers, Zoom, Slack)
● Collaborate with Facilities Manager for site operations and maintenance, ensuring all staff have equipment, software, and hardware needs met
● Oversee and provide strategic input on cybersecurity, systems and operations, ensuring organization-wise operational compliance with all safety and training standards
● Execute the revision of institutional and departmental safety policy and procedures including the employee handbook; ensure safety compliance, timely reporting and accurate documentation of all accidents/incidents including timely review of the IIPP and OSHA documentation
● Work with department to maintain job descriptions, annual continuity plan, SOPs, emergency operational plans
● Help guide organization-wide database, marketing, and development efforts in conjunction with the Communications and Membership/Development Departments. Manage systems integrations and processes between Marketing, Communications, and Fundraising technology platforms (WordPress, ActiveCampaign, Salesforce, Fundraise Up), ensuring cohesion and desired outcomes are met across programs and platforms
● Manage all aspects of RedRover, Kind News and 25by2025 websites, providing maintenance, updates, technical support, web optimization, data analytics, and web development. Provide support for the Don't Forget the Pet website as needed.
● Oversee cloud backups of all data in Shared Drives and Salesforce.
● Lead special projects such as database migrations, website development, and training on the use of all technology platforms, ensuring staff needs are met with current technology
● Work with department heads to guide strategy for cross-platform data analysis and constituent journeys. Analyze data and metrics to support all programs in their decisions.
● Represent RedRover in technology vendor communications, web developers, ActiveCampaign, Salesforce, and others
● Facilitate Technology Committee meetings
● Create a state-of-the-art tracking system and upkeep of operating systems
● Review and evaluate systems and provide recommendations to maximize ROI and efficiency across the organization. Work with senior management to develop long-term strategies to help meet organizational objectives
● Additional duties as assigned
● A Bachelor's degree in information technology, business administration or related field. A Master’s degree and/or professional certifications in operations, data analysis, database administration, marketing and/or Salesforce experience would be a plus.
● At least five years of relevant professional experience in Information Technology
● Knowledge of nonprofit organizations and systems, working knowledge of CRMs. Is a self-proclaimed ‘tech-savvy’ person.
● Specialized tech experience and experience with email marketing tools like Active Campaign, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Canto software
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong attention to detail
● Proven results creating and executing successful strategies for information-processing systems
● Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (WordPress, etc.)
● Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines; manage projects to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines and maximize the use of online technology
● Demonstrated emotional maturity and professionalism
● Passion for supporting human and animal well-being
Additionally, affection for animals, concern for their well-being, and a willingness to accommodate animals in the workplace are required. Candidates must be willing to embrace the organization’s commitment to being an anti-racist organization. Must maintain constituent (donors/volunteers/directors/employees) confidentiality and have reliable transportation to and from work. Ability to occasionally work on weekend days, evenings and travel across the United States and Canada is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: RedRover is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to diversity and welcome all interested parties to apply. Diversity of opinions, experiences and backgrounds is a key asset. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability or a medical need, please include that in your resume materials. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place during the hiring process.
Application Instructions: Please email your cover letter, resume, and preferred work schedule to employment@RedRover.org with “Director of Systems, Operations and IT” in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled. Please follow these application instructions as only complete submissions will be reviewed and considered.