A monthly roundup of our favorite nonprofit tech resources and other goodies.
- Karl wasn’t joking; thanks to 1600 people (some not sticking to the ‘one device at a time’ rule), the NTC internet crashed. That’s a metric of success for us – everyone is taking notes, tweeting, and more! Now that you’re back in the comfort of your own wireless network, be sure to share your feedback in the 2013 NTC Evaluation.
- Is a trip to the arctic in your job description? No? Well, Forbes released their list of the top 10 best and worst jobs for 2013 and even though arctic adventure didn’t make the cut, technology jobs did!
- You have to admit that was pretty cute. But, wouldn’t it be even better if you had a puppy in your office; like your office desk?
- We may be pandering to your cute animal soft spot, but can you blame us? At NTEN, we’ve long known that the #nptech crowd had a love of cat videos and all things cute. But why? This great infographic tries to explain.
- Speaking of infographics, it seems that cats aren’t the only inspiration for awesome data visualizations. The New Yorker lets you choose a subway line and take a ride, exploring the income inequality throughout the city.
- If riding the subway isn’t your style, you may be interested in the data from the Global Rich List – your salary may surprise you.
- Sometimes we just want an interesting fact – to share, save for dinner parties, or retweet – and @whatifnumbers is the best source we’ve come across in a while.
- This just in: Computers are dead and the world is connected by only mobile devices. What would you do? (Ed. note: this is only a test.)