NTEN Marketing & Publications Director, Joleen Ong (@joleendearest) and I (@penguinasana) attended SXSW on March 7-11 and reported for the Nonprofit Times. Not only did we get to take part in a number of social good sessions, we also got to hang out in the Beacon Lounge, a social space for conversations and connections with other folks interested in social change work. At the Lounge, we got to hear from an inspiring line-up of speakers that were part of the Do Good Dialogues, and chat with many folks from the nonprofit sector, including several NTEN Members!
You can find out more about the social good action at SXSW by checking out our articles in the Nonprofit Times:
- Net Neutrality: What Now?
- #GivingTuesday – The Sharknado of Giving
- A Virtual Conversation with Edward Snowden
- Do Good Dialogues on Social Change
- Accurate, Fair & Safe – The Ethics of Social News
- WikiLeaks’ Assange Addresses Packed SXSW Audience
Were you at SXSW this year? We’d love to hear about your experience. Tweet us and let us know!