When longtime NTEN Member, Jen Newmeyer, tweeted about her NPTech work, magnetic poetry-style, it gave us the idea to ask her to share her latest technology success story. As Digital Media Manager for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina, Jen is putting technology to effective use by putting on a digital fundraiser: #FoodBank24: A New Media Telethon. This live event is broadcast on their website via UStream for 24 hours straight and features fascinating interviews, volunteer activities, demonstrations, magicians, celebrities, mascots, and even a dunk tank to encourage viewers and gifts. Jen uses social media and email to gain support for this annual event, which has successfully rallied community enthusiasm and raised over $50,000 every year.
What else are NTEN Members up to?
- Our friends at Whole Whale are offering 30% off their new course on the Google Adwords Grant for NTEN Members. Sign up here using the coupon code: NTEN.
- Which is the right system for managing your nonprofit clients? Idealware’s new report, A Consumers Guide to Case Management Systems, can help you choose the right system for your organization’s needs and budget.
- When you’re striving to reach new people with your message, it can be easy to forget about the power of your email list. Learn more about how you can extend your reach by engaging with top influencers on your email list with Attentive.ly‘s latest infographic, The Amazing Network Reach of Nonprofits.
- It’s been an exciting time for PeaceWorks Technology Solutions! They were honored as ‘Best for the World,’ Creating Most Overall Positive Social and Environmental Impact, with the release of the fourth annual ‘B Corp Best for the World’ list. They were also featured in the May 2015 Edition of Exchange Magazine.
- Need an uplift? Enjoy EveryAction’s Feel Good, Do Good Nonprofit playlist. We dare you not to dance at your desk.
- We love the Mamas Day cards that Forward Together has put together for their annual Mamas Day campaign, to celebrate mamas who often go unrecognized. You can select and send your own from their unique selection of Mamas Day ecards.
- What makes donors feel involved and engaged? That’s one of the questions Abila asked in their recently released Donor Engagement Study, that explores donor engagement and where alignment and disconnect exists between donors and nonprofit organizations. The study also includes engagement preferences across four generations of donors.
- Write five words about technology! That’s the challenge Alex Speaks put forth to the Nonprofit Decision Makers Community of Practice. Check out the answers and add your own five words.
- Public Interest Registry just announced that nonprofits can now register their .ngo and .ong domain names and take advantage of the new OnGood platform, an exclusive set of online services designed to help NGOs and nonprofits worldwide raise awareness, funds, and support for their missions.
- There was a great turnout for Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC)‘s recent #WorkShift2020 symposium. Check out the event video, event highlights, and white paper.
- NTEN Member Partner, The Nonprofit Association of Oregon, is teaming up with The Institute for Nonprofit Management at Portland State University and the Alliance for Nonprofit Management to host the 2015 Alliance for Nonprofit Management National Conference, October 6-8 in Portland, Oregon. This annual conference is designed for nonprofit capacity builders and is attended by researchers, funders, consultants, and other nonprofit stakeholders from across the United States. Register now at the early bird rate through July 1.
Want to see yourself on this list? Let us know any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News!