Check out the latest news and happenings from NTEN Members:
- Don’t miss Connecticut Nonprofits‘ 13th Annual “Innovate and Elevate” Nonprofit Conference on November 18 at the CT Convention Center! They’ve got a stellar lineup of nonprofit experts and thought leaders presenting, including NTEN Member, Sarah Durham, of Big Duck. NTEN Members get a special $30 discount off the cost of conference registration! To take advantage of this offer, fax, mail, or call in your registration with payment and the code “NTEN” written at the top or told to the individual taking the registration.
- Sometimes being creative with your domain name can be a smart strategic move for your organization. See3 shares what nonprofits can learn from Google’s recent domain name purchase.
- Chances are you already know about the importance of measuring your organization’s impact, but the blank spreadsheet can be a daunting place to begin. Whole Whale has a handy template for mapping your nonprofit’s digital impact that can help you get started or re-vamp your current strategy.
- There’s exciting news from Beth Kanter. Learn more about her next book that’s in the works.
- Speaking of strategy, TechImpact advises how nonprofits can be optimizing their Instagram use.
- Images matter when it comes to your website. Smart Cause Digital explains how to choose stock photos that don’t suck for your nonprofit website.
- Good news! Anti-poverty programs work better than we think. Care2 explains further.
- Save the date of January 15, 2016 for Dance/USA‘s “Dance Touring: It Takes a Village” at the New York Hilton Midtown. This annual Dance Forum brings together a wide variety of individuals working in the dance industry to connect with peers and discuss immediate, field-wide issues.
- NTEN Member partner, The Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP), is extending their member rate on their upcoming Best Practices Webinar, “Using Data and Metrics to Promote the Value of Advancement Services.” NTEN Members can save $50 and receive the AASP member rate with code “NTEN.” AASP also offers archived Best Practices Webinars, which provide real-time access to experts on current best practices and today’s hottest topics in advancement services – from gift processing to Big Data.
- You can spend money on a dazzling new piece of software, but that does not necessarily translate into success. Idealware explores why some organizations struggle to introduce new technology systems.
- What does Tinder have to do with your nonprofit? EveryAction explains the 4 marketing lessons your nonprofit can learn from Tinder.
Want to see yourself on this list? Let us know any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News!
November is NTEN Member Appreciation Month, a month of free webinars, prizes, and giveaways exclusively for NTEN Members. Join or renew your NTEN Membership by Nov. 30, and be entered to win a free conference registration!