It’s hard to believe our November Member Appreciation Month (MAM) has already come to and end. We’re full not only of pumpkin pie and other Thanksgiving eats, but also bursting with #ntenthanks for all of you.
One of the most fun aspects of Member Appreciation Month has been the daily prize giveaways. We’ve given out prizes to members who have been particularly active and engaged, as well as to members randomly selected from our database, and announced their big wins via social media. Aside from the fun of feeling like a fairy godmother or a genie with our “Guess what?! You’re today’s winner!” tweets, this has been an incredible reminder of the breadth of issues you’re all working on every day.
There are so many skills, talents, and personalities in this community. This month we saw a bunch of great Tech Club events, including the launch of our Pittsburgh group, a fun happy hour put on by the Dallas-Ft. Worth group, and the amazing community celebration by and for our Portland, OR community. We saw a few particularly dedicated members step up to advance the #NTCgreen mission as members of the Sustainability Committee. And we had ten webinars where speakers offered their expertise to our members – all for free! These are just a few of the other moments that have made me say NTENthanks this month.
And now for our last round of winners, including our grand prize winners! Drumroll…
- Nasser Halteh of ZeroDivide, Kimberly Hedges of Americans for the Arts, and Alvaro Rojas from The Chronicle of Philanthropy all scored notebooks from Higher Logic.
- Julia Hoppock of Pew Charitable Trust and Paul Bartel of Distress Centre each get to wear a new TechSoup t-shirt.
- Quincy Surasmith of Asian Pacific Legal Center received a $360 gift certificate for Abila services.
- Diane Cohen of Equal Justice Center landed a free mobile internet account from Mobile Citizen.
- Sara Benzkofer of Minnesota Association for the Education of Young Children and the Minnesota School-Age Care Alliance walked away with a PIR notebook and pen set.
The MAM renewal prize for a member who renewed their NTEN membership for 2014 before Oct. 31st is Victoria Miller of Trisomy 18 Foundation. Victoria, enjoy your free pass to the 2014 NTC!
We’re also pleased to award the MAM engagement prize to Laura Norvig! Laura is an active community builder and asset to the NTEN community during MAM and beyond with her work organizing NTEN’s Community Builders (#CommBuild) community of practice, joining the social media conversation, and supporting NTEN as a Community Champion. A huge #ntenthanks to you, Laura, and we’re excited to have you taking part in 14NTC – on us!
Thanks (or should I say #ntenthanks?) again to all of you that make NTEN a pretty darn great community!
Flickr photo credit: woodleywonderworks