The latest news, events, and good reads from NTEN Members.
- The 24-hour Give Local America campaign kicks off today at 12:00 am ET. This national crowdfunding event run by Kimbia, empowers individuals to give back to their local communities by supporting the organizations they trust. GiveLocal’s grassroots effort connects local community partners, community foundations, businesses and donors to amplify the impact of every donation. Get involved by following the #iGiveLocal hashtag on social media and attending the post-event webinar.
- Another great event coming up is NPower‘s Data Management Event, a day of free business and tech consulting with Citi on June 10. Register today for this free and unique opportunity to work individually with a team of business and tech experts from Citi assigned to consult with your organization on your most pressing challenges.
- Have you had an accidental career path? Our own Amy Sample Ward‘s latest Fast Company article features interviews with NTEN Members: Tak Fuji; Jackie Mahendra, and Smita Vadakekalam about how they’ve successfully brought technology and social impact together in rewarding careers.
- Digital marketing is full of lingo and luckily, Classy offers a glossary of digital marketing terms to help guide you.
- Accessing adult learning programs can be a challenge in rural areas, but Digital Promise is using technology to reach students traditionally left out of the educational system.
- While we’re talking inclusion, See3 is taking a stand on diversity, offering a number of articles and free webinars to help nonprofits and social good companies employ strategies for inclusiveness.
- The second annual State of Connectivity Report on Global Internet Access, by Facebook, takes a close look at the current state of global internet connectivity, changes from 2014 to 2015, and what kind of insights we can gain from the data.
- Speaking of data, Facebook is in the business of categorizing and filtering, so take advantage of their information! Janet Fouts explains how to use Facebook Audience Insights for better ad targeting.
- We loved seeing longtime NTEN Member, Kathleen Malin, discuss women in leadership (and NTEN) on the Atrion blog.
- With the first quarter of 2016 behind us, what digital strategies should nonprofit be focusing on for the remainder of the year? Care2 gives key answers from the 2016 Digital Outlook Report.
- Many of you may remember George Weiner‘s 16NTC Ignite presentation, “The Pain and Poetry in Building a Platform“, that featured the inspiring story of Power Poetry. We were sad to learn that the founder, Roland Legiardi-Laura, a documentary filmmaker, poet, educator, and friend passed away last Wednesday. Our thoughts and loving wishes are with Roland’s family and friends. You can visit Roland’s memorial page, to see how his important work continues.
Got some news or a tech success story you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments or email us any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News and on the blog.
Image credit: Flickr, Jon S