Here’s some of our favorite recent news, events, and resources from NTEN Members.
- Looking for ways to grow your member base? Join the free Membership Growth Online Summit (#WASummit2016), April 4-8. NTEN CEO, Amy Sample Ward, along with speakers like NTEN Members, Jason Shim and Mark Hallman, will cover everything from how to attract members; to promoting your organization; to building an amazing outreach program!
- Allyson Kapin of Women Who Tech was recently named one of the 10 Women in Tech Creating Real Change in 2016. We couldn’t agree more.
- Speaking of making a difference, Care2 highlights some young Aussies who became heroes doing laundry. Something tells us their moms are proud.
- Running a campaign? Here’s the 5 things you should do to promote your campaign on Twitter, according to CauseVox.
- But why let Twitter do all the promoting? Prichard Communications shares how to make guest bloggers the best champions for your cause.
- On the Attentive.ly blog, NTEN Members like Beth Kanter and Drew Bernard of ActionSprout have tips for how to share love on social media…and how NOT not to.
- We love handy stuff! Nonprofit Tech for Good offers 36 useful apps and online tools for nonprofits.
- More handy stuff! Download Idealware‘s new report, “The Landscape of WordPress for Nonprofits,” that looks at the current marketplace of plug-ins, particularly for the needs of nonprofits.
- That 404 page is never one you want to stumble on or have your users stumble on, but nonprofits can embrace website errors with humor. Nancy Schwartz put together a collection of nonprofit 404 page examples (hopefully this is the only place you ever see NTEN’s error page!)
- However, you might want to stumble on over to Cuba! The Community Technology Network (CTN) is leading a delegation to Cuba next month, focusing on culture, economics, and technology. Part fundraiser, part fact-finding, this will be a unique opportunity to observe Cuba at a pivotal point in time as its government, NGOs, and social institutions work together to close their digital divide.
Want to see yourself on this list? Let us know any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News and on the blog!
Photo credit: Tim Lucas