NOTE: Edited to include links to current discussions and live video chat.
It’s time for another NTEN community book club!
Let’s read 18NTC keynote presenter Luvvie Ajayi’s book together! A dynamic and humorous speaker known for her straight talk, Ajayi brings a wealth of nonprofit tech and digital strategy experience. She even presented at 11NTC!
Her book, I’M JUDGING YOU: The Do-Better Manual, is a collection of essays that critiques our fame-obsessed, social media-centric lives, while encouraging us to do better. It looks like a great read and I can’t wait to learn, laugh, and get ready to see her on the NTC main stage!
During March, fabulous volunteers Janicia Moore (Beaconfire RED), Kelly Harris (KHD Communications), and Genie Gratto (AnitaB.org) will lead us through weekly discussions in NTEN’s online community forums. We’ll wrap with a real-time conversation via video chat during the first week April. Then it’ll be time for the 18NTC and we can gather in person.
All are welcome to participate in the forum and video discussions regardless of NTC registration. On-site NTC gatherings are for registered attendees only.
- Get the book (don’t forget about your local library!).
- Join NTEN’s general discussion group (this is the online forum where book club discussions will take place).
- Start reading (or listening).
- Be on the lookout for the discussion of Part I during the week of March 5 and chime in!
- Join the real-time conversation via our wrap-up video call.
- Bonus: Meet up in person at the 18NTC.
Asynchronous forum discussion
- Week of March 5: Part I
- Week of March 12: Part II
- Week of March 19: Part III
- Week of March 26: Part IV
- April 5 12pm-1pm PT: Video chat wrap-up discussion (Join us!)
- April 11 – 13: Meet up during the 18NTC (April 11 Birds of a Feather group and more to come)
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.