The latest news, events, and good reads from NTEN Members. Want to see yourself on this list? Let us know any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News!
- Join NTEN staff speakers and attendees at the YNPN Activate! Summit, Aug. 5, in Portland, OR, for a day full of big ideas, great connections, and a stronger social sector. Register and use code NTENmemberynpn16 for $30 off early bird registration and $45 off regular registration.
- This Thursday, June 9, 2016, Dance/USA will livestream the Opening Plenary session of the 2016 Annual Conference from The Long Center for the Performing Arts in Austin, TX. Watch the livestream here on June 9 at 11am CT!
- Leaders in the human services field will gather next month in New York for the Council on Accreditation’s (COA’s) upcoming 2016 Conference, July 17-19. Make sure to register by June 15.
- Bravo to Kai Williams of International Wildlife Rehablilitation Council, quoted in the New York Times on the perils to wildlife from humans fueled by selfie culture.
- Interact‘s Annual Nonprofit Intranet Competition is going on now. Submit your dream intranet by July 1 and you can win a free intranet worth up to $60,000.
- Learn how to make sure your email makes it to the inbox. Join EveryAction‘s 2016 Email Deliverability Study free webinar, June 21, for insights from robust original research on email deliverability.
- Once your emails are delivering, how do you get people to continue to open them? Percolator Consulting has four guidelines to help you avoid failed email campaigns.
- Summer solstice is nearly here, and with it, The Longest Day, a team event to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association. Held annually on the summer solstice, the duration of this sunrise-to-sunset event symbolizes the challenging journey of those living with the disease and their caregivers.
- The recent Give Local America debacle surfaced many ongoing challenges for nonprofits. Kivi Leroux-Miller reflects on the larger implications and #GiveDayLessons for funders, nonprofits, and providers alike.
- It’s months away from #GivingTuesday, but it’s not too early to start planning. Debra Askanase shares how to plan for your best #GivingTuesday yet.
- How do you pick a grant management system that fits your needs? Idealware has you covered with their new Consumer’s Guide to Grant Management Systems.
Got some news or a tech success story you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments or email us any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News and on the blog.
Image credit: 2BeAFreeman