The latest news, events, and good reads from NTEN Members. Want to see yourself on this list? Let us know any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News!
- NTEN Members can now take advantage of a free year of membership from our Member partner, the Association of Advancement Services Professionals (AASP). AASP provides education, professional development, and networking opportunities to its members and promotes the professional status of advancement services in the philanthropic community. To take advantage, just sign up as a new member on the AASP website with code AASPFREE. (Please note this offer is only valid for members who have not been a member of AASP in the past).
- Our Digital Inclusion Fellowship (DIF) participants are in the news! Austin Free-Net was recently awarded the Austin Woman Magazine’s Woman’s Way 2016 Philanthropic Business of the Year, in recognition of their outstanding contributions to Austin. Plus, DIF Fellow Susan Reaves writes about her digital inclusion work with Nashville Public Library for “Public Libraries Online.”
- Nonprofits need to stay competitive to stay alive. NTEN’s Ash Shepherd offers advice for overcoming common nonprofit technological challenges.
- Hey San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits! Raise more money for your cause with tips from the world’s most successful fundraisers at Nonprofit Fundraising Masters in Silicon Valley on July 27 and San Francisco on October 19, featuring NTEN Member speakers like Beth Kanter and Michael Brune of the Sierra Club. Save $20 w/ “NTEN” code.
- Teaching basic computer skills can be especially challenging if the tutor and learner speak different languages. Community Technology Network (CTN) shares handy tech techniques for teaching digital literacy to non-English speakers.
- Looking to do more with video? Learn how to get started with the YouTube for Nonprofits Program in Altus Dynamics‘ free webinar on July 26.
- Speaking of free events, make sure to register for the online Nonprofit CRM Summit, where more than 20 Nonprofit, Technology, and CRM Leaders (many of them NTEN Members) will share their secrets for success using Salesforce.
- Have you tried out the Pokémon Go, the VR app and popular sensation? Kivi Leroux Miller lets you know how to use Pokémon Go for Good and Beth Kanter gives examples of organizations using the app in innovative ways. Learn more about Pokémon Go and what augmented, virtual, and mixed reality means for the future in Beaconfire Red‘s upcoming webinar.
Image credit: Sadie Hernandez
Got some news or a tech success story you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments or email us any news you have to share, and we may feature it in an upcoming Member News and on the blog.