One running theme that echoes behind any new technology tool introduced to the public, or new trend identified for nonprofit operations, or new idea brought up by your staff is the concept of “risk and reward.”
What kind of risks would your organization be taking if you adopt that new social network into your communications? What is the risk of not adapting to a changing technology culture? How can we be sure that the rewards outweigh the risks?
This issue of NTEN:Change presents variations on that theme: tips and quizzes, inspiration and cautionary tales, examples and humor, all from peers and experts in the nonprofit and technology communities.
NTEN’s publication, designed especially for busy nonprofit executive directors, departmental directors, boards, and other leadership staff, is free and hot off the press. In the current issue you’ll find:
- “Risks and Rewards for Nonprofit Leaders,” by Akaya Windwood, Rockwood Leadership Institute.
- “We’re All in This Boat Together (Your Social Media Policy and Steam Power Have More in Common Than You Think),” from Lisa Colton, See3 Communications.
- An Interview with Guidestar President and CEO, Jacob Harold, on transparency in the nonprofit sector.
- Case-Study from Metropolitan Chicago YMCA on using data to drive efficiency and measure impact.
- Leadership Cheat Sheet: A technology risk-readiness quiz from the experts at the Nonprofit Risk Management Center.
We also have more DIY tips, organizational perspectives, and leadership profiles from the NTEN community, and much more! Please check out the new issue to see more (and make sure your Executive Director and Board Members read this):