Lyndal Cairns is our newest team member. As NTEN’s Membership & Engagement Director, Lyndal will be setting the vision of membership and integrated marketing for the organization, and leading our team to reach that vision. Learn all about Lyndal’s passion for nonprofits and data in this interview!
2. How did you first become involved with the NTEN Community?
I’m a lifelong advocate for nonprofits, especially capacity-building organizations like NTEN. In 2012, I was working at an LGBT health organization back home in Australia, and I was offered a scholarship to the Nonprofit Technology Conference in San Francisco. When it opened with the raunchy, ear-poppingly loud Extra Action Marching Band, I knew I had stumbled upon a conference and a community all its own.
3. What are you most excited about as you transition into your new role on staff?
It’s a brand new role in a great team and I’m very excited to tell the stories of the inspiring and diverse NTEN community.
4. Why do you care about nonprofit technology?
Our sector’s communities are building a better, more just and more sustainable world. Nonprofits deserve the technology support, capacity and infrastructure to meet their goals efficiently. There is nothing less at stake than our future.
5. You just moved to Portland. What’s on your bucket list?
Plant a yellow rose bush; eat some Salt & Straw ice cream; visit a bat colony; kayak; meet some new friends!
6. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
To instantly remove all inappropriate apostrophes from restaurant menus and real estate signs.
7. Who would you want to create the soundtrack of the movie about your life?
Billy Bragg. <3
Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free and encouraged to drop her a note of welcome!