The dust is settling from the 2016 Nonprofit Technology Conference in San Jose. Although we are still enjoying the social media posts and wrap up blog posts from this year’s event, it is already time to start thinking about how to make the 2017 Nonprofit Technology Conference in Washington, D.C. even better!
One of the first steps is pulling together an amazing group of community members for the 17NTC Steering Committee. This group helps us build a program as incredible as the 2,000+ folks who attend the event each year.
Steering Committee Members
In all of NTEN’s activities, we strive to create processes, policies, and content that reflect the full diversity of our community. Towards that goal, we call for steering committee members publicly instead of selecting them privately. To be transparent about some of the perspectives we want represented, but may not apply without a prompt, we want to encourage community members who identify with one more of the following groups to participate:
- Underrepresented communities (we believe this means many different things!)
- Long-time and first-time NTC attendees
- Veteran and first-time presenters
- Long-time and new NTEN members
- Advocates and allies across our community helping us all continue to live the NTEN Values
- Be available for monthly conference planning calls (1 hour or less), between May and February 2017
- Share insights, ideas, and feedback in a closed online community space (using the NTEN Community platform)
- Dedicate time in August to participate in Steering Committee voting to evaluate breakout session proposals and help spot strategic gaps in the conference agenda
- Help identify diverse voices and perspectives to support sessions in need of additional presenters
- Bring your awesome to the planning and speaker management process
In appreciation of the work contributed to helping shape the educational content and process for this amazing event, steering committee members receive a complimentary registration to the conference and recognition in the 17NTC program materials.
Please submit your request to be considered by April 22 so we can have everyone on board and ready for our first planning call in early May.
The application process for the 17NTC Steering Committee is now closed.
If you have additional questions please reach out to Ash Shepherd, NTEN’s Education Director, at email@example.com