UPDATE: Application deadline has been extended to Monday, November 27!
We are excited to announce that applications are now open for the fourth cohort of the Digital Inclusion Fellowship!
With each year, more of our governments, employers, educators, and friends are online, increasing the importance for every member of our communities to have access to the internet and the skills to use it. NTEN believes that every organization needs to recognize the role of digital equity in meeting our missions and is proud to commit to that work with our Digital Inclusion Fellowship (DIF) program.
Nonprofit staff selected for the Fellowship will create and expand digital inclusion programs to help bring their communities online. These programs empower communities in innumerable ways: They can help parents connect with teachers, instruct job seekers on how to craft a professional resume, promote low-cost internet offers, show seniors how to video chat with family, and so much more.
With every cohort launch, which was conceived and launched in partnership with Google Fiber in 2015, NTEN implements lessons learned in previous Fellowship cohorts. This year, the Fellow applicant pool will be limited to staff who are already employed at community organizations and social service agencies. Fellows and their supervisors will submit a dual application. We believe this shift will mean longer-lasting capacity building for all participating nonprofits and greater positive outcomes for the communities they serve.
We’ll be accepting applications for 17 sponsored Fellowships until November 17. A huge thank you goes out to Google Fiber, Capital One, and The Cleveland Foundation for sponsoring these Fellowships. We are deeply grateful to our cohort 4 sponsors for their commitment to bridging the digital divide and supporting the Digital Inclusion Fellowship.
The sponsored Fellowships are:
- Atlanta, GA (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 2 positions
- Austin, TX (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 1 position
- Boston, MA (Sponsored by Capital One): 2 positions
- Charlotte, NC (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 1 position
- Chicago, IL (Sponsored by Capital One): 2 positions
- Cleveland, OH (Sponsored by The Cleveland Foundation): 2 positions
- Huntsville, AL (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 1 position
- Kansas City, MO (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 1 position
- Long Island, NY (Sponsored by Capital One): 1 position
- Raleigh-Durham, NC (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 2 positions
- Salt Lake City, UT (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 1 position
- San Antonio, TX (Sponsored by Google Fiber): 1 position
Please find application instructions on the application page. If you have questions about the program or application process, join us for a community Q&A on November 7 at 11am Pacific Time. The Q&A is free to join but you must register in advance.