- Need some design inspiration? Top Nonprofits released their list of best nonprofit websites. Congratulations to Case Foundation and other NTEN Members who made the list.
- While we’re talking websites, Smart Cause Digital shares 10 stats you should know about nonprofit websites.
- What about your nonprofit’s listing on other websites? The Council of Nonprofits shares tips for winning over supporters with your online profile.
- NTEN staff members, Allison Jones and Megan Keane, will be hosting a live online course,”Social Media: Getting the Most Impact with the Least Amount of Time” for the Society for Nonprofits (SNPO), Tuesday, Feburary 23.
- Many people are willing to share personal information depending on the situation. Pew Internet‘s newly released report shares this and other new findings on privacy and information sharing.
- If that got you thinking about security, Idealware has an important guide to help you. Their guide What Nonprofits Need to Know About Security: A Practical Guide to Managing Risk cuts through the fear with clear security guidelines.
- Did you make a video that created an impact in 2015? Enter your video by February 12, to the 10th annual DoGooder Awards, honoring individuals and organizations using the power of video to make the world a better place. Winners will be announced at 16NTC, and win a free 17NTC registration!
- Showcase your expertise! The Association for Advancement Service Professionals (AASP) is seeking inspirational and educational content for Summit 2016, October 26-28, Chicago, IL.
- There’s a new crowdfunding platform in town. Indiegogo recently released Generosity, a fee-free, socially conscious crowdfunding platform. Check out their fundraising campaign success stories so far!
- Nonprofit Fundraising 101 by Darian Rodriguez Heyman, features expert contributions from NTEN Members like Beth Kanter, Farra Trompeter, and Caryn Stein. Happy reading!
February Member Roundup: Privacy report, design inspiration, and website stats to know
Megan is a long-time San Francisco bay area resident with an extensive nonprofit background in community management, social media, and volunteer management. She's a problem solver and network builder passionate about connecting with people both on and offline. As NTEN's Membership Director, Megan supports the NTEN community, helping others connect, learn, and make the most of technology, and has spoken internationally on nonprofit technology. While she's not online, Megan can be found teaching or practicing yoga, hiking, or curling up with a good book. She's also a self-professed penguin nutcase, er, enthusiast. Follow her on Twitter: @penguinasana