Digital inclusion…what’s that? A relatively new area of focus for many nonprofits, digital inclusion is a more positive way of talking about closing the digital divide. How do you know if what you’re doing is considered digital inclusion? Here’s an example of programs that fit:
- computer training for community members or nonprofit staff
- providing access to digital devices and internet to underserved communities
- helping to raise awareness about the need for more affordable access, including training
- integrating technology in any way into the services you provide
- partnering with other nonprofits who are doing this work, including libraries
With technology ever changing, it’s hard to keep up! We need each other to meet this challenge and ensure that everyone has the tools, training and support to be successful in the 21st century.