Each Tech Club is led by one person who serves as the Lead local organizer. This Lead organizer represents their city by leading a team of Supporting organizers and other volunteers and organizing the club with the support of NTEN.
Lead organizers are in charge of all the details for clubs, such as:
- Serving as the main point of contact for NTEN
- Leading the organizing team
- Communicating NTEN news to your local community
- Securing event venues
- Finding speakers
- Finding sponsors to cover event-related expenses not covered by NTEN
- Marketing events
- Following NTEN’s Values and Code of Conduct
Supporting organizers do many of the same tasks, and receive the same benefits as a Lead organizer, however they aren’t responsible for communicating news to and from NTEN and leading the team.