Every course requires a knowledge check quiz based on the pre-work. This is an ungraded quiz designed to reinforce key concepts from the pre-work readings, video, or audio.
The quiz should have 3 to 5 questions with clear right and wrong answers quoted from the pre-work itself. Questions must touch on key concepts drawn from the pre-work materials which tie into the live class and homework.
- Questions must be closed-ended, such as:
- Multiple choices with single answer
- Fill in the blank
- Multiple choices with more than one correct answer
- Please include the knowledge check quiz questions and answers in the course inventory document.
- Note which pre-work articles, videos, or other media the question is pulled from.
- Remember to highlight or clearly mark the correct answer(s) for each question.
Example 1: Multiple choices (single answer)
What formats should not be used to create pre-work for an NTEN course?
- Facebook posts — Correct
Example 2: Short answer fill in the blank (single word)
Interactive elements for the virtual class should include multiple media formats including polls, files for download, audio, and _____.
- Correct Answer: video
Example 3: True/False
Courses and webinars are the same things.
- False — Correct
Example 4: Multiple Choice (multiple correct answers)
What formats should be used to create pre-work for an NTEN course?
- Audio — Correct
- Video — Correct
- Articles — Correct
- Facebook posts