Faculty will prepare a slide presentation for the virtual class portion of the course. Participants will receive more in-depth instruction expanding on the pre-work and building a framework for the course homework assignment.
When it comes to the virtual class presentation, NTEN Faculty has creative license, with a few requirements:
- Presentations must be 90 minutes long:
- 75-minute presentation
- 15 minutes for Q&A and wrap up
- About 1 slide every 1-3 minutes
- Slide decks must be image rich with a consistent theme throughout
- Limit text-heavy slides to a minimum
- Use placeholder slides consistent with the presentation theme for transitioning to media content, interactive elements or Q&A breaks. It’s important to make sure these are easily identified visually.
- Presentations must be submitted in either PowerPoint or Keynote
- Slides should be designed in 4:3 or 16:9 screen aspect ratio
Pitfalls to avoid
- Object layering, slide transition animation, and image masking are not compatible with the virtual class platform.
- Object animations work best if each animated frame is flattened into its own slide.
- It’s best not to date your slides as you may wish to reuse them for more than one cohort.