Homework is intended to reinforce the key concepts reviewed in the pre-work and expanded on in the live virtual class.
- Homework should take the participant no longer than 30 minutes to complete.
- Limit homework tasks or project elements to 3 or fewer (keeping in mind the 30-minute time limit).
- Use questions that help the participant reflect on and apply key concepts to their personal or organization’s situation.
- Use practice templates for participants to complete using the insights and concepts they’ve gained in the pre-work and virtual class.
- To reiterate, the homework should be tied directly to the content of the live class.
- All homework assignments must be made available in a widely available and editable format such as Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word.
- NTEN’s logo should be placed at the top right of the document header of word documents.
- The font should be 12pt Helvetica or another similar web safe font.
Pitfalls to avoid
- Editable PDF forms may present challenges for participants, as there is a wide range of compatibility issues across operating systems.
- Do not use zip files or any other compression when submitting content as this can result in corruption or loss of formatting.