Help keep your group clean by closing threads. Potential use cases:
- Close a self-promo thread after it has been open for its allotted amount of time
- Impose a cooling off period for a thread is running off topic or is beating a dead horse (NTEN’s Community Manager will take care of this sort of situation for you)
- Make it clear that the post is not up for discussion, such as reminders about community guidelines (NTEN’s Community Manager will take care of this sort of situation for you)
1) Locate the thread you wish to close. Click the dropdown arrow on the “Reply to Discussion” button. Then click “Close Thread.”
2) On the platform, closed threads will be identified with a symbol and will have a note letting users know that the thread is currently viewable but not accepting new replies.
If a community member responds to a closed thread via email, they will receive a message back letting them know that the thread is closed and their message has not been posted.
3) To re-open a thread, locate it and click the “Re-open Thread” button.