Are you an exhibitor or sponsor with questions about the NTC? You’ve come to the right place! Below are some commonly asked questions, but if you don’t find what you are looking for just email Eileigh.
1.What's included in the exhibitor package?
Your 19NTC exhibitor package includes the following benefits:
- Registrations (see next FAQ item)
- One (1) 10’ wide x 10’ deep dedicated exhibit area (or 10′ x 20′, or 20′ x 20′ depending on selection)
- One (1) standard 6′ table
- Two (2) chairs
- One (1) Wastebasket
- Wireless high-speed internet access
- One (1) 10-amp electrical drop
- One (1) lead retrieval device per exhibitor upon request
- Inclusion of contact information in the NTC conference app, including a 25-word company description
- 2019 “I’m exhibiting at the NTC” logo to use in marketing and post on your website
- Back wall and side rail drape
- Listing in show map distributed onsite
Does my exhibitor package include any conference registrations?
The number and type of conference registration vary depending on your exhibitor package:
- 10×10 package: One (1) comp full conference registration and one (1) Exhibit Hall/booth-only pass
- 10×20 package: Two (2) comp full conference registrations and two (2) Exhibit Hall/booth-only passes
- 20×20 package: Four (4) comp full conference registrations and four (4) Exhibit Hall/booth-only passes
In addition to the complimentary registrations, exhibitors can opt to purchase:
- Up to three (3) additional exhibit hall-only/booth staff badges for $250 members / $400 non-members. After February 1, 2019 the cost increases to $300 members / $500 non-members.
- Up to four (4) full conference registrations at the early bird registration rate until February 15, 2019. Member/non-member rates apply.
Does the exhibitor package include signage?
We do not provide signage and strongly suggest that you bring your own popup or other signage.
Do you have an example of a booth?
This is a standard 10×10 booth.
2.Action Items & Deadlines
February 1, 2019: Last day to buy additional exhibit hall-only / booth staff badges at the discounted rate
February 15, 2019: Extended Early Bird registration rates for exhibitors and sponsors ends
February 22, 2019: Last day to order additional services from NTC vendors (decorators, A/V, catering) at discounted rates
March 12, 2019: Exhibitor move-in begins from 1pm-8pm
March 13, 2019: Exhibitor move-in continues until 6am – 8am
March 13-15, 2019: 2019 Nonprofit Technology Conference
March 15, 2019: Exhibitor move-out from 1:30pm – 6pm
How to register your staff for the NTC
The easiest way to register your staff is through the Exhibitor Portal via your unique URL.
How to use the Exhibitor Portal
The Exhibitor Portal helps you (and us) manage your conference experience. You’ll be provided with a unique Exhibitor Portal URL in fall 2019. In the portal you can:
- Access the exhibitor services kit
- Complete your registrations (comp, booth-only, and additional registrations)
- Upload your logo for the mobile app
- Find important dates and information
- Tell attendees why they should visit your booth by completing the promo field
- Select your preferred lead retrieval device (included with your booth package): either the app or the scanner
Who is our exhibitor services contractor? Who do I talk to about shipping/furniture options/ordering services for our booth?
Freeman is our exhibitor services contractor. The exhibitor kit and online ordering will be available in fall 2018.
Can I do my own shipping?
You are welcome to arrange your own shipping through FedEx or another carrier. You can either ship in advance of the show to the Freeman warehouse or directly to the convention center to arrive no sooner than 3/9. In either case, please refer to forthcoming deadlines and shipping instructions to avoid additional handling costs or lost packages.
Can we make arrangements for post-show shipping?
Yes! And we strongly advise that you arrange post-shipping in advance rather than onsite after the event because prices will be higher. You can do this through our exhibitor services contractor.
What else should I order for my booth?
We design our exhibit packages to provide a turnkey setup for those who want to expend minimal effort and maintain lean budgets. All you need to set up your booth is your signage, your promotional materials, and a stack of business cards.
However, there are a lot of ways to customize your booth and enhance your onsite experience. Furniture upgrades, hardline internet, in-booth catering, carpet padding and additional A/V services and rentals will be available through our exclusive contractors. You can find a link to their order forms in the exhibitor portal.
When should I be at my booth?
The Exhibit Hall is always open. However, there are certain times that we anticipate will have higher traffic:
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- 7:30am – 10:00am Exhibit Hall open – breakfast & keynote in Exhibit Hall
- 12:00pm – 1:15pm Exhibit Hall open – lunch in Exhibit Hall
- 2:45pm – 3:15pm Break – Exhibit Hall open
- 4:30pm – 5:30pm Opening reception in Exhibit Hall
Thursday, March 14, 2019
- 8:00am – 10:00am Exhibit Hall open – breakfast & keynote in Exhibit Hall
- 12:00pm – 1:15pm Exhibit Hall open – lunch in Exhibit Hall
- 4:15pm – 5:45pm Dedicated Exhibit Hall time – open to the public
Friday, March 13, 2019
- 9:00am – 10:15am Exhibit Hall open – brunch in Exhibit Hall
- 12:00pm – 1:15pm Exhibit Hall open – Lunch in Exhibit Hall
- 1:15pm Exhibit Hall closes
How much swag should we bring to give away from our booth?
We suggest bringing 1000-1200 items to give away.
Do you provide an attendee list?
Do you offer a badge scanner?
This year we are providing lead retrieval for all exhibitors. Please log into the Exhibitor Portal to select your device. If you’d like to purchase additional lead retrieval services beyond what we are providing, you will be able to do so through our service provider (details forthcoming).
4.Connecting with Attendees
Here are some tips and opportunities for engaging with the NTEN community before you arrive and throughout the event.
Social Media: The NTEN community loves to tweet, especially before and during the NTC. Join the conversation using #19NTC. (Need a primer on conference social media? Check out these tips from 17NTC.) This hashtag will get busier and busier as we get closer to the conference. Join in!
Online Community Forums: Introduce yourself and connect with other attendees in the 19NTC community forum (URL forthcoming). Every registered attendee (including sponsors and exhibitors) can access the forum. You can also connect with community members year-round in NTEN’s online community platform.
This is a great way to be seen as an expert in the sector. Pro tip: Let the community experience your expertise. Answer questions, suggest resources—contribute to the value of the community. Mention your product or service after you’ve given non-biased advice. Disclose your affiliations up front. Responses which simply say “I do this, contact me at X” don’t typically add value to the conversation.
Here are some great examples of engagement:
- We love Adam’s < self promo > tag. He gives plenty of other resources in addition to his own.
- Tim provides plenty of info, gives a full disclosure before sharing a resource from his organization.
Here’s a list of questions that need responses. Dive in and show yourself as the smarty you are! The visibility you want will come as you continue to contribute helpful resources.
Signature: Edit your discussion signature to include information about your booth. Community members will see this every time you post in the forums.
Mobile App: Download the conference mobile app to introduce yourself and network with other attendees. As with the forums, be your authentic self and let the community experience your expertise. Attendees will get the chance to become more familiar with you before we even get on-site. (Available in February.)
Looking for more ways to get involved? Participate in NTC events!
- Go to Dine Around Portland on Wednesday, March 13 from 6-8pm.
- Volunteer in the Career Center as a resume reviewer or a mentor.
- Attend the NTC Official Party on Thursday, March 14 from 7-10pm (additional purchase).
- Participate in Birds of a Feather everyday during lunch.
- Bring stickers and head over to the Exhibit Hall’s sticker swap table to leave a few stickers and take a few stickers.
What’s NOT okay to do to bring people to our booth?
We understand wanting to engage attendees, but please refrain from:
- putting flyers out anywhere than in your booth
- using signs or popups to create walls between exhibitors
- placing signs in the aisle
Can we give away foods/drinks/treats from our booth?
Giving away food or drinks (other than pieces of candy) requires working directly with the convention center’s catering team. Catering in the Exhibit Hall must be purchased through pacificwild catering, including bottled water.