Volunteer User Journeys: Increasing Conversion With Engagement Pyramids and Flowcharts
How do you keep your best volunteers? How do you successfully convert new applicants to active members? How do you ensure that they don’t walk off in disappointment when you offer the wrong experience to a highly skilled volunteer?
You need two tools:
- An engagement pyramid to prioritize your goals and roles
- A user journey flowchart to map, analyze, and optimize the volunteer experience
In this interactive session, three nonprofits will share their own user journeys. Then we’ll get hands-on as we break into guided groups to create flowcharts that will help you identify how you can create better user experiences.
- Discover how applying user journeys will improve your volunteer recruitment and retention
- See examples of nonprofits mapping their user journeys and applying engagement pyramids
- Get hands-on experience documenting user journeys into flowcharts
Target AudienceVolunteer and program managers who recruit volunteers and partners to support their work.
NetSquared Community Manager
Eli strives to be a connector – the interstitial tissue that holds the muscle of a community together. He’s been a volunteer manager, an event organizer and a digital campaigner. Basically he’ll take any gig that allows him to enable a group of passionate people to create things they love.
Currently he works for TechSoup as the NetSquared Community Manager. He supports a global volunteer network of 120 monthly meetups for the nonprofit technology sector. Together they hold over 800 events per year.