Workshop: Shaping a DEI workplace in a remote world
According to the Charities Review Council, 91% of donors believe that a nonprofits’ commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is important. And a report from Scientific American found that diverse workplaces can encourage people to be more creative and more diligent. Having a healthy, equitable workplace can help your organization retain your top talent, which has historically been a huge challenge for nonprofits. More importantly, a strong DEI program helps every employee to show up each day without fear that they can’t be their true selves.
The pandemic and remote working has challenged DEI efforts, it doesn’t need to sideline them.
In this interactive workshop, you’ll learn the steps to create an active, engaged workplace while working together and remotely, including:
- Deepening the commitment to DEI efforts by staff working remotely
- Engaging staff in leading the charge to disrupt biases
- Moving from discussion ideas to taking action
Session Type60 minute workshop
- How to engage staff on sensitive issues and topics
- Steps to building an inclusive workplace
- Develop an annual plan to keep DEI topics in the forefront
Target AudienceStaff and leadership committed to learning how to implement best EID practices at their organization.
Director of Equity, Inclusion, Diversity and Culture
As the Director of Equity, Inclusion, Diversity, and Culture, LaCheka ensures TechSoup’s equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts are a fundamental pillar of the organization’s cultural development.