Mobile Advocacy: Changing The World One Text At A Time
Ninety percent of text messages are read within three minutes.
Today, everyone is glued to their phones and words like phubbing exist, meaning when you snub someone by checking your phone instead of participating in the conversation. This makes it critical to meet your members and supporters where they are: their phone screens.
While email remains a critical tool for mobilizing supporters, text messaging lets you act quickly to get a fast response from activists. It helps connect your supporters directly with phone calls to government leaders and other targets. It mobilizes voters, protesters, and volunteers.
This session will discuss how to educate, engage, and mobilize your supporters using mobile tools. Participants can expect to learn about:
- Strategies for list growth
- How to use text messages in a rapid response moment
- When a text message is better than an email
- Best practices for formatting text messages
- Using text messaging for calls, web links, event invites, and creative tactics
- The difference between, and when to use, mass broadcast and peer to peer (p2p) texts
- Compliance rules for mobile broadcasts
- Understand mobile tools and tactics
- Learn about creative ways to use mobile for advocacy and activism
- Feel confident starting or growing mobile campaigns