How to move beyond WCAG and towards authentic digital inclusion
Do you feel distracted by a suite of automated tools, pages of report data, and feedback on improvement that you released weeks ago? If your antidote is achieving WCAG 2.1 AA conformance, you may be leaving more people behind than you think.
Accessibility and digital inclusion can be easier.
In this presentation, the American Foundation for the Blind and Kalamuna will discuss how organizations can lead with strategic, agile approaches, and usability-centric development policies and processes to achieve digital accessibility.
Attendees will learn:
- Why usability is the most important component in an organization’s accessibility approach
- How to get started incorporating usability in development and design
- What the most important workflows to focus on for usability live
- Why policies and processes are so critical to ensuring digital inclusion
- How to create knowledge transfer in your teams to sustain authentic digital inclusion
Plus, a demonstration of usability testing in action!
- Understand why usability is the most important component in an organization’s accessibility approach
- How to get started incorporating usability with a focus on inclusion in the development and design process
- How to create knowledge transfer in your development and design teams to create and sustain authentic digital inclusion