In our work as adult educators, we often encountered well-intentioned presentations from community partners (on really important topics!) that sometimes missed the mark for our students. In this workshop, we’ll reflect on ways to design slide deck presentations (virtual or in-person) that more effectively meet audience needs.
We will introduce a variety of themes including:
- Incorporating plain language, information design, and accessibility principles
- Reflecting on cultural humility
- Checking for understanding
We’ll reflect on examples and consider how we can make our own content more understandable, inclusive, and actionable.
Session Type60 minute workshop
- Identify several ways to improve presentation effectiveness to meet audience needs
- Critically analyze examples from the field
- Consider strategies that you can apply to your own work