Beyond Fundraising: How Digital Strategies Bring Communities Together on #givingtuesday
#GivingTuesday is often viewed as all about fundraising, but it’s so much more. Across the US and around the globe, #GivingTuesday is inspiring generosity and social change in unexpected ways, and using digital technology to do so.
Join us as we share practical “how to’s” relating to:
- Community campaigns. How large-scale to micro communities in states, cities and towns, are using giving platforms, social media, google office tools and more to drive engagement and community building.
- #MyGivingStory. An innovative storytelling approach that turns social media campaigning on its head, by putting the spotlight on donors.
- There is a lot of data out there, but it only becomes powerful when we come together to share it and learn from it.
The session will focus on these strategies in US communities, Brazil and Mexico, showing how digital approaches can encourage inclusion and bridge across all types of communities.
- Understand the digital strategies that bring diverse communities and organizations together for greater impact on #GivingTuesday.
- Understand digital communications and social media storytelling from a new perspective: the donor story.
- How sharing – rather than hoarding – data will help you grow.
Target AudienceLeaders who want to use technology as a catalyst, not a tool, inspiring greater generosity through collaboration and community-wide activation.
Anita Gallagher grew through the ranks of the nonprofit sector in Mexico before branching out as a consultant. A respected trainer and mentor in areas relating to strategic impact and digital communication, she regularly speaks at nonprofit conferences in Mexico and abroad and leads training in crowdfunding for Hispanics in Philanthropy. Her involvement with GivingTuesday dates back to 2014 and as well as leading the movement in Mexico, she represents the global movement on the GivingTuesday board.
jP Vergueiro is the CEO for ABCR, the Brazilian Fundraisers Association. Since 2014 he has been in the lead of “Dia de Doar”, the Brazilian version #GivingTuesday, and a regular speaker in conferences such as AFP Icon and the Central and Eastern European Fundraising Conference. He is also a professor in CSR, in Brazil, and a Board member for local Brazilian non-profits.
Chief Strategy Officer
Jamie McDonald is a social entrepreneur and the Strategy and Communities Lead for GivingTuesday (GT). In her role with GivingTuesday she advises more than 200 leaders of campaigns in cities, states and towns, and works on strategy for the overall movement. Jamie joined the GT team after leading three large #GivingTuesday campaigns that cumulatively raised more than $20 million, including the #BmoreGivesCampaign for Baltimore in 2013.
Jamie is also the founder of Generosity Inc.., where she serves as an advisor to CEOs in large and small companies, nonprofits and movements. Prior to launching Generosity, she founded GiveCorps, a community building and online giving software platform connecting nonprofits and educational institutions to digital givers. GiveCorps was acquired by Network for Good, the nation’s largest online charitable giving company, in 2014.
Before becoming an entrepreneur, Jamie was a Managing Director at Deutsche Banc Alex. Brown, where she enjoyed a 16-year career, and led several groups within investment banking, including the Private Equity Coverage Group, managing relationships with Alex. Brown’s private equity clients.