Workshop: Beyond Fundraising – Building Lasting Relationships With Your Supporters
A hands-on workshop in which we will work through three specific exercises designed to help your nonprofit build closer relationships with your supporters. We will share real-world examples from organizations that have successfully implemented these techniques, along with templates and worksheets you can take with you.
This workshop will accomplish the following:
- Challenge you to go beyond standard supporter segments to create more specific groupings that will allow you to speak more directly to your supporters’ interests, and reach them when they want, where they want, and how they want.
- Help you build a content calendar that can be used to track and plan everything from blog posts and social posts to constituent stories and event communications. Templates provided!
- Brainstorm unique ideas and events for communicating and engaging with your supporters.
Session Type60 minute workshop
- Develop a detailed supporter segmentation plan that you can refine and implement right away.
- Build a content calendar based on one of our templates to track and plan blog posts, social posts, and more.
- Brainstorm outreach activities and leave with actionable ideas on how to meet your supporters where they are.
Target AudienceDevelopment, marketing, and executive staff with organizations interested in building closer relationships with their supporters between fundraising campaigns.
Craig Grella is the content marketer for Salsa Labs, creating its marketing materials and helping Salsa clients use Smart Engagement and digital marketing to accomplish their missions.
For two decades, Craig has been at the forefront of digital marketing for nonprofits and issue advocacy organizations. Craig ran the digital operations for the Pennsylvania Democratic Party, one of the nation’s largest Democratic Committees. There, he crafted the digital strategy and communications for the party and its statewide coordinated candidate campaigns; including email, social media, online ad buys, online volunteer coordination, and all digital fundraising.
Prior to his work at the Democratic Party, Craig was the digital operations manager for the Bernie 2016 presidential campaign, where he was the manager of the national distributed organizing team. He helped to create many of the processes, documents, and communications that would become the basis for the campaign’s groundbreaking digital organizing team in 2016 and 2020, and was featured in the book Rules for Revolutionaries written by the campaign’s senior advisors. Craig has consulted on regional, statewide, and national organizing projects and has been an active consultant and volunteer with organizations like the ACLU, and Food and Water Watch, among others.
In 2011, Mr. Grella founded OrgSpring, a 501c3 created to help small nonprofits get up and running with simple digital technology. As a completely volunteer-based organization, OrgSpring has helped more than 400 small nonprofits create and manage their own websites and digital marketing campaigns.
Craig has a degree in Civil and Environmental Engineering from Lehigh University and lives in Mt. Lebanon, PA with his wife and two daughters.
Salsa Labs, Inc.
Wendy Levine is the Marketing Director at Salsa Labs, a leading provider of Smart Engagement Technology for nonprofit organizations. A long-time marketer and storyteller, Wendy loves nothing better than to find the perfect story and share it with the right audience. She is a writer and communications expert who spends many happy hours with analytics data and spreadsheets, and also serves on the board of a local nonprofit food pantry. Wendy received her MBA from Carnegie Mellon University.