A Machine Learning Primer – No Technical Expertise Required!
There’s a lot of talk about AI (Artificial Intelligence) and ML (Machine Learning). This quick primer will explain, in non technical terms, what is meant by each of these terms and then focus on Machine Learning to explain (again, no technical expertise needed)
* What exactly IS Machine Learning and how does a ML model work
* What kinds of question can be answered by a ML model (and what can’t)
* How ML can be useful to non profits
* How to get started
Session Type30 minute session
- Understand the basics of Machine Learning
- Understand what problems ML can help solve, and which it can't
- Decide whether ML is, or should be, part of the organization's data strategy
Target AudienceAnyone who wants to understand Machine Learning fundamentals
Nicole has spent over 30 years in technology, developing software and managing enterprise systems and infrastructure in the for-profit and non-profit sectors. Most recently she spent six years as CIO and Chief Strategy Officer at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, overhauling the data infrastructure and introducing the use of machine learning to tackle fundraising questions.
In late 2020 she formed Loblolly Technologies, an independent consultancy specializing in optimizing the use of data for critical business decision making.