A/B Testing! How? Why? What’s Next?
How do you think up the smartest testing ideas to increase response and take your digital program to the next level?
There are simple solutions and formulas to finding what works, analyzing results, and implementing optimized changes.
We’ll walk through real-world examples providing specific ideas for testing and fine-tuning your direct response program to get the very best outcomes.
- What exactly is testing, and how does it work?
- I’ve got my results; where do I go from here? Differences based on the fundraising channel and confirming your results are meaningful
- A step-by-step case study from Sempervirens Fund, detailing our testing process across channels
- Tons of examples of email, landing page, direct mail, texting, and digital ad testing, ranging from simple to more complex and creative ideas
- A/B testing for small shops—how to design, implement, and analyze tests even if you don’t have the budget to hire a consultant
Session Type60 minute session
- How to design and implement meaningful tests
- How to analyze results and roll out learnings
- Examples of MANY tests across direct response channels including digital and offline channels
Target AudienceFundraisers looking to create a coordinated, multichannel testing plan to optimize their programs
Chief Philanthropy Officer
Michael Kawalek, CFRE, is the Chief Philanthropy Officer for Sempervirens Fund, an environmental organization located in Los Altos, California.
In 1983, Michael began his career in non-profit organizations working for the San Francisco based PBS station, KQED. During his seven-year tenure, he was initially responsible for TV and radio pledge drives, raising over 16 million dollars a year, and then managing KQED’s volunteer force of 1400 individuals.
With his solid background in non-profit fundraising and management, Michael joined the San Francisco Zoological Society as their Membership Director. In 1994, after surpassing the zoo’s previous revenue records, Michael went on to manage all membership fundraising and ticketing operations for the Oakland Museum of California.
In 2006 he accepted a position with Hemophilia Foundation of Northern California as the Chief Administrative Officer and spent three years working closely with the Board of Directors managing all aspects of the Foundation’s operations and public programs for California residents with Hemophilia.
Michael was ready for a new challenge in 2010 and transitioned into environmental fundraising. As the Director of Development and Finance for Oakland-based Bay Area Wilderness Training, he was responsible for all aspects of fundraising and financial management. During his tenure, he increased fundraising thirty percent and achieved the first balanced budget in its recent history. Currently, Michael works as the Chief Philanthropy Officer at Sempervirens Fund, California’s oldest Land Trust, established in 1900 to permanently protect the Santa Cruz Mountains’ redwood forests.
Mal Warwick Donordigital
Wendy Marinaccio Husman, a Vice President with Mal Warwick Donordigital, has over 18 years of experience in fundraising. She has been a speaker at the Bridge Conference, BBCon, DMA Nonprofit Conference, and has presented webinars for AFP Golden Gate and AFP International.
Jen Rist, a Account Executive with Mal Warwick Donordigital and has over 10 years of experience in direct mail fundraising and has experience working with a variety of direct mail clients.