Have you ever wondered what it takes to put on the largest conference of changemakers that put tech to work for their causes? Volunteering is a great way to go behind the scenes and contribute to the experience that is 20NTC. We couldn’t do it without you!
There are some great benefits to volunteering at the NTC
- Network and build connections with other volunteers, NTEN staff, and 20NTC speakers
- Exclusive volunteer swag
- Reduced registration cost of just $199 (if you’re already registered, we’ll refund the difference)
- Work eight hours, checking in and out of your shifts
- Assist NTEN staff with various aspects of 20NTC, such as managing information and registration lines, providing assistance to speakers, helping exhibitors and sponsors in the Exhibit Hall, or directing people to their destinations
- Understand that volunteer shifts will conflict with one or more breakout sessions
Volunteer applications are open and will close on January 15, 2020. Selected volunteers will be notified by late January 2020.
Planning to attend the conference regardless of whether or not you’re selected as a volunteer? We recommend registering early to get the best rate. If you’re selected as a volunteer, we’ll refund you the difference between your registration fee and the volunteer registration fee. If you’re applying for a scholarship, we suggest you wait until you’ve been notified whether you’ve been selected before submitting a volunteer interest form.
*In asking this specific question in relation to voluntary labor, we recognize that there is a painful and sensitive history around labor in exchange for something or nothing with marginalized groups, specifically Black and Indigenous people. We need to be comfortable asking for demographic information and we regularly review it as a way to help us identify disparities in our programs and evaluate where NTEN’s work may fail to serve certain groups and/or perpetuate existing oppressions.