The Layperson’s Website Audit
The session teaches the audience how to do a website audit without being an IT professional, so that they walk away knowing what to look for and how to use the results. They can take what they’ve learned and use it to torture their webmaster.
The session follows a step-by-step format, looking at:
1) Foundation: Under-the-hood or behind-the-scenes or whatever analogy appeals to you.
2) Your Homepage: Is it sticky? Is it clear? Is it pretty?
2) The Almighty CTA: Tell them what to do!
3) Essential Elements: What do you mean you don’t have a donate button?
4) Advanced Content: Whoa. Now that is cool.
5) Loading Times: *yawn*
6) SEO: The holy grail of the website audit.
7) Google Analytics: If you’re not using this info, then what are we even doing here?
8) Marketing: It’s perfect now, so let’s share it with people.
- Action steps to make their website more sticky and enjoyable.
- Knowledge about what KPIs to follow to know if it's working.
- A plan for keeping their website updated.