The Data Explosion! Making Sense of and Maximizing the Application of Data Within Your Organization
Data analytics, big data, data science, data viz, business intelligence, machine learning, artificial intelligence… oh me, oh my! It seems that everyone today is talking about data in one form or another.
- Do you have a hard time keeping up with all of the data jargon?
- Are you trying to figure out the business case for jumping on the data bandwagon?
- How do you begin to know what you don’t know about this explosion of data?!
Join this presentation to learn from two nonprofit organizations how they created a data-centric culture, utilizing and incorporating data strategically into their internal and external processes to maximize and add value to their business. Take part in active, facilitated audience participation to learn from one another and gain insights and information about data tools and resources, as well as general lessons learned.
The data explosion is here. And nonprofits have an important role in this data revolution with the opportunity to transform human services. Whether you’ve started down the road of becoming a data-centric organization or whether you’re just beginning the journey, you don’t have to be Watson or Einstein to find value in and maximize the application of data within your organization.
- Learn the basics of data analytics, whether you need to be involved in it, and how to get started
- Learn what considerations there are for the type, amount, and integrity of data, and who can do this work
- Learn what sort of useful things can be done with data (e.g., benchmarking, natural language generation, data visualizations, and dashboards)