Planning Effective Digital Engagement Campaigns with Limited Resources
Digital engagement campaigns are marketing campaigns on steroids. Combining traditional marketing and community organizing techniques in support of reaching a specific goal—from awareness, to engagement, to fundraising, to advocacy, and beyond—allows organizations to think strategically about how we can most effectively smash that goal.
In this session, we’ll review the ten fundamental elements of effective digital engagement campaigns. We’ll also review real examples of each element utilizing successful campaigns from a variety of organizations, and participants will be asked to take part in a small-group activity, putting into practice the lessons shared.
- Digital engagement campaign template
- Recommended organizations to watch
- Additional resources
This session is directed towards staff of small and intermediate-sized organizations, although the same elements are applicable to large organizations, too.
- Name and describe the importance of the ten fundamental elements of an effective digital engagement campaign
- Identify and discuss the differences between types of digital engagement campaigns
- Use a provided campaign plan template to document a digital engagement campaign's ten fundamental elements