Nonprofit Board Governance at the Speed of a Tweet
There has never been a time when serving on nonprofit boards has been more challenging than right now – from operating in an political climate where a single presidential Tweet can upend current policy, to the potential risk of having a #MeToo incident among your nonprofit’s top leadership, to the possibility of a cyber breach impacting the most vulnerable users of your services. In this complex landscape, the question becomes – how can nonprofit boards keep up?
Join Dottie Schindlinger, VP of Thought Leadership of Diligent (parent company of BoardEffect) and co-author of the recently released book, Governance in the Digital Age, for an interactive session on how nonprofit boards can stay current. We’ll explore:
- In this age of digital disruption, what can help directors govern better?
- How is governance changing to meet new challenges?
- What practical strategies can nonprofit boards use to succeed in the digital age?
- Understand how board governance is changing in the digital age, and the new pressures board members are under
- Know the challenges nonprofit boards face to be able to keep up when information moves at Twitter speed
- Have practical strategies shared by directors from around the world that can help board members do their jobs well