Intranet? We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Intranet! We Have a SHARED DRIVE!
For many people, an intranet is no more than a web portal to shared files and folders, and justifying the expense of creating, implementing, and adopting an intranet is a hard sell, especially to senior management focused on the bottom line.
To those of us who know, an intranet is much more than that. It is a means of increasing collaboration, productivity, community, and mission fulfillment, and the ROI can be worth every penny.
Successfully rolling one out is difficult. Keeping staff engaged in using it is harder still. There are so many choices—so many approaches!
- Adopt a DIY approach using open source?
- Use SharePoint, which everyone is always talking about and the finance department loves because it seems cheap?
- Go to an out-of-the-box solution, with all the bells and whistles?
How does one decide? And how does the IT department keep from owning what is often an IT initiative but which should belong to the entire organization?
Family Service League, with 700 employees providing over 60 behavioral health programs spread over 21 locations in suburban Suffolk County, New York, took the intranet journey, and we invite you, in this session, to join us from conception to implementation.
- Plan, justify the cost of, and choose the platform of an intranet
- Design your own intranet needs analysis, differentiate between platforms, and understand how to create an ROI for an intranet
- Receive audience resources: needs analysis template, ROI template, comparison tools, and access to demo sites