How NGOs Worldwide Use Online Technology and Social Media
Over the last two decades, the global NGO sector has embraced online technology, but economic and political factors and the quality of Internet infrastructure regionally often affects how well NGOs worldwide can use new technology. Not surprisingly, there is a gap between the utilization of online fundraising tools and social media by NGOs in high-income nations and those in developing nations.
Based on data gleaned from the 2017 Global NGO Online Technology Report, this session will highlight how NGOs worldwide use the internet to build awareness and raise funds to advance their mission and programs and elevate their online brand. Attendees will gain insight by learning benchmarks for success based on NGOs active online across six continents.
- How NGOs worldwide differ in their use of web and email communications
- Which online fundraising tools are the most effective for NGOs and how barriers to online fundraising globally are currently being addressed
- Which social networks are used most often by NGOs, as well as performance and engagement benchmarks based on the NGO’s size and location
- How individuals of varying ages worldwide donate to NGOs, which communication tools they find most inspiring, and which are their favorite causes
- Key indicators that your NGO is effectively using online technology and social media