How March For Our Lives Uses SMS for Action
How does a youth movement engage its audience and inspire young people to become activists? How does it make its message break through the clutter of online content vying for attention?
It uses SMS technology to communicate with its audience via text, getting messages directly to supporters, where they’re read at a higher rate than email, and within just a few minutes of being sent.
This session will discuss how Precision helped March For Our Lives successfully build its SMS program from scratch and turn it into a primary channel for list-building, education, engagement, and mobilization, to create meaningful social and political impact.
Attendees will learn about:
- SMS best practices
- How to use SMS to drive action, whether for event RSVPs or calls to Congress
- List-building tactics
- The difference between broadcast and peer-to-peer texting
- Creative ways to engage your audience on SMS
- Lessons learned in building this program
- Learn SMS best practices
- Acquire engagement and list-building strategies
- Understand how a youth-driven organization successfully built and mobilized its audience