How A Nonprofit Can Use GDPR To Frame Their Data Privacy
Privacy and GDPR Resources. The Global Data Protection Regulation, a European Union regulation that allows EU residents greater control over their data and how it is used. Discuss why, a non-EU organization, would consider leveraging the investments made by service providers to comply with GDPR. Review how a fictitious nonprofit, contoso.org, leverages GDPR tools to protect privacy answering the following questions:
- Where is the best place to locate GDPR-specific information for Microsoft’s Cloud Services
- Where can I get information on Data Protection Impact Assessments?
- In the event of a data breach, how will Microsoft respond and notify me as a data controller?
- How can I manage Data Subject Requests?
- How is data returned to the user?
- Gain best practice tips for auditing your personal data management
- Consider how compliance with GDPR could help your organization reduce risk
- Partnership with cloud providers who also comply with GDPR could reduce risk
Cloud Solution Architect
I work in Microsoft’s Tech for Social Impact. I am a cloud solution architect, focused on Azure and developing and assisting in the implementation of common nonprofit solutions. I have been in technology for years, and have worked on some amazing projects, including the Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) Dynamics solution for the State of Texas. I have generated, with the help of the Microsoft village of nonprofits, a number of AzureFoundation accelerator packs. https://aka.ms/azurefoundation