Content Strategy for Donor Engagement: From Tactics to Testing
Creating effective content to engage donors is a critical need, but development and communications staff don’t always understand how to collaborate to develop a content strategy that drives donations and moves donors along an engagement ladder.
In this workshop, you’ll learn some guerilla tactics for defining your audience using personas, developing strategies for delivering content across channels (web, social, and print), devising ways to keep audiences engaged, and creating original content that is user-friendly, SEO-friendly, and 508-accessible. We’ll cover:
- Figuring out how content you produce serves your business goals.
- Coming up with a plan for creating content to reach the users you have—and the ones you don’t.
- Thinking through how to relate content on your site and across social media to keep users engaged longer.
- Understanding how to develop metrics and use analytics to track outcomes.
- Understand what content strategy is and why it's important for donor engagement
- Develop tactics for defining and understanding donor audiences
- Develop strategies for increasing donor engagement through content