CBF’s Journey -Becoming a Data Driven Org through Data Analytics
The Chesapeake Bay Foundation (CBF) is the largest independent conservation organization dedicated to saving the Bay. “Save the Bay,” is our rallying cry for pollution reduction throughout the Chesapeake’s six-state, 64,000-square-mile watershed. CBF leads in restoring the Bay through advocacy, restoration (e.g. oyster planting), education, and in the courtroom.
Being data rich but technical resource constrained, this session will detail CBF’s enterprise initiative to consolidate its data assets into a comprehensive data analytics platform utilizing new cost effective methods and technology tools, enabling a rapid deployment or our solution.This session will highlight:
- our approach and key steps,
- compare old methods to a new way, and
- demonstrate real world examples.
The session will have two interactive workshops with hand-outs a) one on how to best estimate the cost of a data analytics initiative and b) a usable framework for each participant to begin outlining its own analytics program plan and metrics.
- Key Steps, processes, and issues in defining effective metrics
- The technical platform needed to deliver accurate, available and actionable data analytics.
- Real world guides - build versus buy – Dashboard as a Solution