Beyond Task Management: Turning Your Nonprofit to a Project Culture
Whether working for a nonprofit, in philanthropy, in higher education, or for a government institution, big or small, we all struggle managing ever-changing priorities that challenge our capacity to deliver quality products within the defined timeline and budget.
Project management best practices are key to effectively deliver projects in a timely manner and within budget. In this session, we’ll cover ways to overcome the challenges of managing projects, both enterprise-wide and within smaller departments, and discuss strategies for customizing project management techniques to fit your specific organizational culture.
We will walk through ideas to implement a project management culture, and then determine methods for cultural change that can bring your organization closer to the ideal by answering these questions:
- What methods can my organization use to improve projects?
- How can we ensure consistency without stifling employees?
- What is our definition of success and how will we measure it?
We’ll share a valuable project management toolkit of minimum standards that includes overviews of software options, a checklist of minimum standards, and well-designed templates that can serve as a guide for getting your organization closer to the ideal project culture.
- Share methods to create a project management culture, identify gaps across departments, and provide recommendations for large and small organizations
- Understand what ideal integration of project management best practices looks like in organizations of different sizes, sectors, missions, and cultures
- Share software options, tools, and templates to create a checklist of minimum standards