Beyond fundraising: how digital strategies bring communities together on #GivingTuesday
#GivingTuesday is often viewed as all about fundraising, but it’s so much more. Across the US and around the globe, #GivingTuesday is inspiring generosity and social change in unexpected ways, and using digital technology to do so.
Join us as we share practical “how to’s” relating to:
- Community campaigns. How large-scale to micro communities in states, cities and towns, are using giving platforms, social media, google office tools and more to drive engagement and community building.
- #MyGivingStory. An innovative storytelling approach that turns social media campaigning on its head, by putting the spotlight on donors.
- There is a lot of data out there, but it only becomes powerful when we come together to share it and learn from it.
The session will focus on these strategies in US communities, Brazil and Mexico, showing how digital approaches can encourage inclusion and bridge across all types of communities.
- Understand the digital strategies that bring diverse communities and organizations together for greater impact on #GivingTuesday.
- Understand digital communications and social media storytelling from a new perspective: the donor story.
- How sharing – rather than hoarding – data will help you grow.